Waaah!

As mentioned by others the special on Joni listed on bravo.ca until
today("Both Sides Now and Then") was substituted for the '98 CBC special
"Painting With Words".

I raced through pouring rain from traffic blocked bridge to blocked
bridge to get home to tape it for us all and even in a last ditch attempt
ended up dropping off Adrian (my roomie) to take the skytrain home so
he'd be there in time to tape it...which he did.

I wrote bravo the following email to find out what happened;

Hi,

As an ardent admirer of Ms Mitchell, I am both miffed and curious why the
program  listed on Monday Nov 18 for Joni Mitchell was listed like this:

"Joni Mitchell: Both Sides Now And Then

November 19 @ 9pm ET / 6pm PT

In this exclusive documentary, the renowned Canadian singer-songwriter
tells her story; in-depth interviews are interwoven with her words and
music. The film explores the impact of lonely Prairie winters and
childhood illness, an unplanned pregnancy, and a disastrous early
marriage on Mitchell's evolution as a writer, vocalist and musician. Both
Sides Now And Then features commentary from the prominent artists who
know her personally, such as Neil Young and Bob Dylan, as well as the
contemporary musicians she has influenced, like Prince, Tori Amos and
Sarah McLachlan."

But what actually aired at that time slot on Tues Nov 19 was not that
program at all but rather a different Mitchell show I had seen on CBC
back in 1998.
The listing on Tues had been changed to reflect the program which
actually aired and read thus:

"Joni Mitchell: Painting With Words And Music
November 19 @ 9pm ET / 6pm PT

The renowned Canadian singer-songwriter performs for an intimate audience
in Los Angeles. Not only does she share her musical art, but her visual
art as well - Mitchell designed the luxurious set herself and decorated
it with her own paintings, creating a coffeehouse-like atmosphere.
Against this distinctive backdrop, Mitchell plays material spanning her
entire career; celebrity friends such as Rosanna Arquette, k.d. lang and
Graham Nash gather to hear favourites like "Big Yellow Taxi,"
"Woodstock," "Hejira" and "Trouble Man." A very special performance from
a legendary talent. "

And worse ...under the listings section the title for the"Painting With
Words" show is given the content details of the "Both Sides Now and Then"
show. Hello? What the heck is going on?

I could have been killed speeding home thru the rain to see this new
show...grrrrrrr...and now I am going to have sacrifice two more
cute little kittens on the Joni altar tonight...see what you people make
me do? :)

cul heath
vancouver

Sorry about that jmdl-ers.  I will let you know about if they plan to air
the Both Sides Now and Then in the near future.