In a message dated 11/24/2002 1:30:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Franklin, you have to watch SHORT CUTS, too. Its almost a pre-requisite
> for people who love Altman.

I second Robert's - er, Joseph's mention here. Short Cuts is my favorite
Altman, though I would admit I'm not a faithful student as are other here.
Plodding? I was riveted! Altman gets great performances where you least
expect it (Huey Lewis, Lyle Lovett) and incredible performances elsewhere
(Jennifer Jason-Leigh, Tim Robbins).
When I rented this, it was on two cassettes. I was going to watch one and
then the other the following night. No way - once I started I was hooked and
had to see it through.
Worth it just for the Lily Tomlin - Tom Waits scenes alone.

Bob

NP: Mimi Fox, "Joni Mitchell Medley" (wow!!)