Hey Ken --

These were in the liner notes of the advance CD only (which did not contain
the artwork). Here's the text:

"Our goal in recording this collection of Joni's songs in an orchestral
context is not to create a "Greatest Hits with Orchestra" type of record. I
feel that the songs which we selected, a broad cross-section of Joni's work
from her prescient early songs all the way through recent writing, have
acquired a new power, timelessness, and poignancy in her singing them in the
voice of a woman who has lived a lot of life. In reapproaching these songs,
we have tried to maintain the same challenging spirit of adventure that has
always been an important part of her music. My optimism is that in
recontextualizing her songs into an orchestral environment, the
timelessness, pathos, humor, and the extraordinarily high standard which she
has written throughout her body of work, will become apparent to a new
audience. It is inevitable that some avid students of her records may prefer
to hear the versions of the songs that they grew up with or that became a
part of the fabric of their lives. To them, along with everybody else in our
accelerated world who comes upon this record, I would say: take the time to
let these versions of Joni's songs slowly wash over you. I don't think that
you will be sorry.   --  Larry Klein"

Best,

David