In 1994, when Sinead O'Connor's "Universal Mother" album came out, I recall reading in
her liner notes that her albums should be listened to with headphones when possible.

I took that instruction and applied it to just about every CD I listen to for the
first time because I think the fullness of sound, being pumped directly into your ears
without the white noise of speakers or the sounds around you interfering, is so pure
and enormous.

I have good headphones, large ones that cover the entire ear and block out the
atmosphere. Let me tell you that Travelogue DESERVES these headphones! It gets right
inside your head. The body of the sound and the depth of the orchestra just comes
alive.

I don't hear any gasping or wheezing up close, and I do hear her intakes of breath,
which seem quite normal and properly placed.

She's may be a heavy smoker but she's not that fargone.

"Try another, try another, try another - empty, empty, try another..."

-Andrew