Strange that Dan Fogelberg should be brought up here. Sadly, like Joni, his voice has suffered over time. Unlike Joni, Dan has openly acknowledged that the damage done is mostly due to a 30 year smoking habit, of course combined with advancing age. Also unlike Joni, he quit several years ago, and his voice is the better for it.

I had the chance to see Dan in concert this past spring - first time in over 20 years. His voice doesn't soar like it once did, but damn he's a fine musician, and he played with a band of equally fine musicians. In this day and age it's so nice to see that kind of skill. Dan's piano especially just gave me chills.

Sybil