from the Philadelphia Evening Bulletin sometime in the warmer climes of 1971...
I quote this little review of the film "Friends":
"Friends"- An improbable but touching story of teenage runaways, a French girl and an
English boy, who set up housekeeping in the Camargue, a wild and beautiful section of
southern France, and try to cope with the realities of being lovers with household
responsibilities. (R)
and from the jacket of the vinyl, which by the way, all songs are by Elton John and
Bernie Taupin and Paul Buckmaster, copyright 1970 by Dick James Music Ltd London
***the song itself could be the theme song of the JMDL***
 Friends, by Elton John and Bernie Taupin
I hope the day will be a lighter highway
For friends are found on every road
Can you ever think of any better way
For the lost and weary travellers to go?
Chorus
Making friends for the world to see
Let the people know you've got what you need
With a friend at hand you will see the light
If your friends are there then everything's alright

It seems to me a crime that we should age
These fragile times should never slip us by
A time you never can or shall erase
As friends together watch their childhood fly
Chorus again.
**********
I can certainly see why you think of Court and Spark when you listen to the
arrangements on this album. Brian and I found the video in a store in Hamilton Ontario
and watched it again for the first time in over thirty years.
btw, he still his ticket stub and it cost $2.25 to see it!!!
MagsnBrei

 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:hi all,

I wanted to ask anyone if they know Elton johns sountrack to a film called
'Friends' and if they do...do they notice any similarities between it and
Court and Spark. I can't exactly pin-point what makes them feel similar but
to me something does. It's quite intriguing and if i were forced to an
analysis i would say firstly its the instumentation and arrangements, but
more than that and in some way less than that, cos i'm now about to be very
vague indeed, they both have the same summery feel. They both sparkle in the
same way.Eltons album is somewhat twee but there's something there that when
i listen to one it reminds me of the other and when i listen to the other it
reminds me of the other...one or should that be one without
Other...whatever! Let me know if you know.xx Clive

You open my heart, you do.
Yes you do.
     - JM