In addition to River and Face Lift (Joni's own compositions) there have been quite a
few cranky Christmas songs over the years, actually. Uh oh, there's almost enough for
an album!

STAR OF THE EAST: "Sorrow and grief and lull'd by the light/Thou hope of each mortal,
in death's lonely night/...the dark billows roll/Lead us from sin to glory afar

I'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS: "if only in my dreams."

CHRISTMAS WITHOUT YOU: "White Christmas and I'm blue/Like fireworks with no fuse"

CHRISTMAS WON'T BE THE SAME THIS YEAR: "...without her loving arms to hold you so
near/I see the lights but they're not for me..."

IF IT DOESN'T SNOW ON CHRISTMAS: "How is Santa going to use his sleigh?/In case of
rain will there be a train/To speed him on his way?"

NO CROWDED EASTERN STREET: "No sound of passing feet/Far to the left and far to the
right/The prairie snows spread far and white"

WHERE ARE YOU CHRISTMAS: "Why can't I find you?/Why have you gone away?/Where is the
laughter you used to bring me?/Why can't I hear the music play?"