walterphil wrote:

    << i remember reading a while back joni saying she'd never release a
greatest hits or a box set, because she felt people would stop buying her
catalog. she's said she'd seen it happen to others. but she released
those hits and misses. well, hits was ok, but misses was a big pile o
crap....
disc one: early years
  1. winter lady (from radio) (so pretty and sad) >>

        What a WONDERFUL song to begin Joni's box set with!!! I made a CD
single of Winter Lady last year just to give to the people I love.
        Please put me on your mailing list for the Joni box set! I've
been urging a 4 CD box of rare recordings for 10 years, writing to Joni
personally about this twice (once with a list of suggestions). I was so
happy that many were included on Misses (esp Wolf) and was even happier
to see so many others included on T (esp Otis).
        Does anyone else sense that Joni doesn't want a tribute album
until she can no longer make music or is dead???
        She will ALWAYS be my favorite guitarist. Her painting is wowing
me more every day. I just wish she'd take up the piano again!
        ET
        NP: Sire (T)