Hell wrote:

<<Well, I'm from NZ so my accent might not be the same as those from the US
;o), but "I" pronounce it (following Joni) as Heh-GEE-ra (with a soft "g",
as in genius).  I think.....>>

I'd have to go along with Hell on this one (and she does have a great NZ
accent). There are other correct ways to pronounce Hejira, but this is the
way I think Joni says it.

I'm just glad my Mom doesn't try to pronounce it. I don't know if it's a
southern thing, but she'd pronounce it  Heh GEE Rer,  like when she says
Hawaiier and a million other things she puts a "R" at the end :)

Jimmy