In a message dated 12/10/2002 10:32:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I don't understand. Please explain.

It won't be me doing the explaining, Steve...I was the dude who originally expressed
the displeasure with Shorter's contributions in the first place. Obviously Wayne is
one of the all-time greats, I think he's just limited by what Joni wants from him, and
by the same token, she believes anything he does as genius so betwixt the two of them
they're trapped in a "Catch-22"! :~)

Thank heavens for Michael Brecker on the '79 tour. Now that's some cooking saxophone,
really contributes and drives the songs as opposed to trying to conjure up images of
cats waltzing on stones or whatever.

Matter of fact, when I was at my Mom-in-law's this weekend (my power FINALLY came back
on Sunday night) I watched some of the Joni videos, and one of the things I saw was
the Good Morning America performance of "Crazy Cries" Joni did with David Sanborn.
Really nice, even if David didn't do anything extraordinary. I also watched her
"SpeakEasy" interview where she stated that Shorter was on board with her for the
duration. :~(

Another interesting video discovery was in watching the film "Love" which contains
Joni's piece called "The Black Cat With The Black Socks". The films initial credits
contain Joni playing & singing a scatted version of "Love"...first time I'd heard
that, and it was REALLY cool!

Bob, who would like to see Clarence "Big Man" Clemons on Joni's next one! :~)

NP: Elvis C, "Georgie & Her Rival"