In a message dated 12/14/2002 3:00:46 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:55:51 -0800
> From: "kakki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Travelogue, touring and "painting" A Starry Night Again
>
> As an ear and eye witness to the event, she was actually being very
> gracious
> in light of the disruptors who stood out like sore thumbs in an otherwise
> mellow concert.  At the time, I only heard part of the heckling.  A few
> months ago I listened more intently to the "chatter" version of MOA and
> could heard much more which I transcribed here for the list.  Sounded like
> bunch of people near the front row in full party mode (i.e. boisterously
> inebriated) who were yelling "play [this and that] damn it!"  After a long
> time of this, Joni made her Starry Night remark and even the partiers were
> cool with it.
>
> Kakki

What's the big deal with this remark?  I think it was just Joni doing her
chatting thing that she finally started to do in concerts.  And then , don't
forget - we were all just in the middle of our "getting to know the whole
Joni" so she was introdcing this creative  outlet (we got to hear her Jazz
influences).