I can be as gullible as Forest Gump at times so you really had me going!
Suspicious by the duet with Cher, Carly song made me click and 'Marcie's
Revenge' had me cracking up with laughter.

What are you like. LOL.

STEVE T

> guess what!!!
> joni definately is planning a christmas album for next year.
> in fact she's already recorded it!!!!
> i know someone who works at nonesuch
> and he sent me a pre release of most of the songs
>
> she recorded most of them when she did "travelog"
> and others he recorded in her home studio
> here's the line up
>
> 1. river --(no suprise here except she adds a verse
> or two from "rockin around the christmas tree")
> 2. away in the manger--(modled after the mahalia jackson version with
percy faith strings. in fact the strings outstring percy!)
> 3. santa must be a boogie man (such a clever reworking)
> 4. the christmas song --(a duet with cher-this one brought tears to my
eyes)
> 5. barangril-- (with a spooky sample of nat king cole coming and going all
thru the song)
> 6. rudolph the red nosed reindeer--(a fine version altho somewhat marred
by joni saying "nice rudy rudy" oh well)
> 7. all i want {for christmas is my 2 front teeth}-- (just darling with
joni singing the entire thing in a baby like voice. sigh...)
> 8. adeste fidelis-- (another duet-this time with bing crosby-although
sometimes its hard to tell who is singing)
> 9. carole's lawn is sparklin again --(a beautiful sequal to "chinese cafe"
> 10. that bitch carly simon stole my man--(an original, tho it seems
somewhat out of place here on a holiday album-nice glokinspeil accompaniment
though, does add a festive touch.)
> 11. the 12 days of christmas -- (i won't spoil the surprise about the
wonderful gifts joni recieves from her true love---altho day 6 she does get
"6 cans of moosehead beer"--ah those canadians--they love their beer)
> 12.  suzy snowflke--(a rather stark reading of the old chestnut, ala
"fiddle and the drum")
> 13. i've got my love to keep me warm--(very jazzy--very nice--altho joni
questionably uses some mingus dialog outakes, mostly along the lines of
"pass the applesauce" and "are you sure you wanna do this?" and the like)
> 14. marcies revenge--(sigh--just brilliant)
> 15. the holly and the ivy--(sung with a very heavy swedish accent)
> 16. we three kings- joni did a watercolor sketch for this one in the liner
notes--hilariously she used crosby still and nash as the models---the
rendering is amazing--every little wrinkle--ahh that joni-ya gotta love her)