patrick leader wrote:

> in walks jane siberry...

Patrick,

That's a great story! I hope Siberry moves to NY soon or at least comes
back to perform when I can get to the show. I've heard she can be
extraordinary in concert.

While you were settling in for the late show Messiah, I was on a crowded
bus on 50th Street inching along from Broadway to Third Avenue at about
10 pm. There were no cabs available because it was a Friday night, it
was pouring rain, it was freezing cold, and I was starting the trip near
Times Square, which is always crowded, so I was on a bus. Nothing
unusual about that except that the driver was telling jokes over the
speaker system, working the crowd, saying things like, "we're about to
pass the Rockefeller Christmas tree, now everybody say aahhh!", and
everybody (all the joyful tourists anyway) did say aahhh as soon as we
could see the tree, and then he praised everyone, saying "that was the
best aahhh I've ever heard". Lots of laughter at that. It was all very
pleasantly bizarre. He ended up singing a Christmas carol and everyone
joined in, on all the verses. "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..."
How sweet! Ya just never know what's going to happen here. Sometimes
it's very good stuff.

Happy Holidays everyone! Here are my hopes for us all: May our hearts
stay open and generous even when our histories don't naturally lead us
there, may the new year be joyful and full of love and music and warmth,
may we all find whatever our spirit is urging us toward.

all the best,

Debra Shea

NPIMH: ... Merry Christmas Merry Christmas Merry Christmas to yoooouuuuu!