>>Nothing unusual about that except that the driver was telling jokes over
the
speaker system, working the crowd, saying things like, "we're about to
pass the Rockefeller Christmas tree, now everybody say aahhh!"<<

love your story debra...only in nyc do bus drivers & cops entertain the
crowds...this summer when we were evacutated (bomb scare) from our west
village gig, the policeman entertained the crowd while we waited to find out
if it was a bomb...made us forget about the bomb! i got my pic taken with
him to remember the fun !