I have a challenge for all of you jmdl'ers that do not like the song "Taming the Tiger". Try this: Play the CD in your car stereo where nobody can hear you sing; then play the surprise bonus track "Tiger Bones" and sing the lyrics to "TTT" along with it. It's like karaoke!; it's like....being Joni for the moment! I love this song more and more! Even the nice kitty, kitty.....It's hilarious!

If it bothers you to sing about ripping on current commercial music, surely you can think of a time where you didn't like the music that was played on the radio, or didn't care for a particular station and apply it in that context. Disco perhaps? For me, it was the mid 80's..awful time for radio in my opinion.

I'm trying to catch up on many digests, and I don't remember who, but someone mentioned Karen Carpenter's voice. I totally agree! I love her voice and it seems such a shame that she is so forgotten. Neil Young must have been a fan. I went to one of his concert's once and he was piping in the Carpenters before he walked out on stage. The Pretenders too. I saw a concert where Chrissy Hynde did a sort of tribute medley to Karen Carpenter. It was wonderful!

I was also thinking this a couple weeks ago...wouldn't "I'm on the Top of the World" make a good speed metal/punk rock tune?

I hope you all have a joyous Holiday!

Mia

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_addphotos_3mf