Hi, I'm new.  Been lurking..not sure if I'm responding correctly (technically
speaking, help!)..not too into discussion lists due to time restraints.  I've
loved Joni since I was 17 and that was a while ago (circa 1972) and there has
been no other to ever touch her, but because I would describe her music's
effect on me as "stroking my heart and soul", I would like to comment on a few
other artists that have also done this for me to a large degree in recent
years.  One, in fact, helped me out of a long depression and inspired me to
pull my guitar out of it's case after three years and find my own voice again.
I have come to love deeply Shawn Colvin's music, as well as Patty Larkin's and
Patty Griffin's.  I've seen Patty G. and Shawn's mentioned here.  They are not
Joni and I know they would not claim to be, but I do think their talent is
awesome.  Just wanted to share.  Thanks!

Toni