You all should have been at Ric's faboo gathering tonight. But before I tell you about
how wonderful it all was, I thought I'd fill you in on something interesting that
happened at the dinner table . . .

The checks for Jonifest 2003 were flying! Ashara (AKA SIQUOJF, She Is Queen
Undisputedly OF Joni Fests) was there. And as soon as she mentioned that she was
accepting deposits for JF 2003, a lot of check books suddenly appeared.(Sorry, Jimmy.
The private room with the bidet and Barbie's Makeup Mirror is gone.) Anyway, I just
wanted to remind people that this is the time to get the Jonifest accommodations you
want. Wait much longer and you'll probably have to sleep under me!

Tonight at Ric's was sublime. More on that later, because it's 1:30 in the morning
here. But the short version is that Ric and Roberto and Ashara and Patrick and Maggie
and Chuck and Barbara and I had a terrific time. While a winter storm was slopping all
kinds of cold, wet stuff outside Ric's beautiful home in a quaint seaside town north
of Boston, we sat around the fire and had drinks and hors d'oeuvres and talk and lots
of hugs and laughs, of course.

Then dinner! My, that Ric can cook! Delicious broiled salmon with a mustard glaze and
perfect rice and a salad we all fought over. And dessert! An almond-flour cake
smothered in creme fraiche and different kinds of fresh berries! I kept waiting for
Ric to offer me thirds!

Seriously, these times when I get together with the friends I've made through this
list have come to mean a lot to me. So next time there's a gathering of JMDLers in
your neck of the woods, GO!

And remember, if you want to experience the Super Bowl of JMDL events, make plans to
come to Jonifest 2003 NOW, before the accommodations you want are gone!

Good night,

--Bob

NPIMH: In Canada
Where they treat you like a queen
In Canada
Where people are never mean

(Thanks for the laughs, Roberto! And also for Mrs. Miller)