OK, I must jump in.  For those of you who don't "get" the Grateful Dead,
please go buy my brother's book, _A Long Strange Trip: The Inside
History of the Grateful Dead_ by Dennis McNally (I might have bungled
the latter part of the title).  He was the band's publicist, came to
them as a deadhead, and also has a PhD in cultural history.  Chuck E.
will back me up on this - once you read it, you'll "get" it.

Now for the sisterly promotional thing:  If you want to buy one of the
few hardbound volumes left and want it autographed (it will be a
collector's item, I'm sure!) call 800 499 3998,  and say you want the
book and you want it
personalized -- they'll take a credit card # and take down the info.

Think I'll sign this one: Dennis' sister Maggie