Hi Mitch,
I love Tori and Beck too. Not sure if you have these already, excuse me if you already do.
A few people have mentioned Beth Orton's Daybreaker album as a top album of 2002, I'd highly recommend all her albums to Joni/Tori fans - particularly this latest one and Central Reservation. Amazing throaty, slightly drunk sounding voice and such a depth of feeling in her voice it sends shivers down my spine.
Kathryn Williams - Old Low light, this is her latest and IMO best album to date. Beautiful music, slightly girlish voice I think but really unpretentious and straightforward lovely songs.
Are you a Ryan Adams fan?
tamsin

Hi--i love this top 10 list, but wanted some advice from such a muscially
evolved commu ity... if I'm totally into Beck and Tori Amos, can anyone
suggest a few artists out there who have similar little gems out there
waiting to be discovered? I've seen many artists popping up on lists but as
I've never heard of them, a little wary of buying anything yet.. thanks
everyone!