> ... if I'm totally into Beck and Tori Amos, can anyone
> suggest a few artists out there who have similar little gems out there
> waiting to be discovered?

Hi Mitch,

I don't listen to a lot of new music (bad habit) so I'm not as informed as a
typical fan/consumer. But, in addition to Aimee Mann and Beck, I liked Tori
Amos Scarlet's Walk, too, and have much respect for Alanis, Lucinda
Williams, Jonatha Brooke and Sheryl Crow. I left off Patty Griffin and
should be punished for that omission! The others on my top cds of 2002 list,
Gabe Tavares and Uniit, are indies like me. They can be found at
http://itownrecords.com

Last year I also bought CDs by Rosie Thomas (Subpop Records) and Richard
Buckner. Leaning into country, I dig Buddy and Julie Miller. Other indies I
love (and pals of mine) who have toured with big guns such as Lucinda
Williams and Cowboy Junkies, are Anne McCue http://www.annemccue.com/ and
Jennie Stearns http://jenniestearns.com/

Perhaps you'll find something to love about some of them. A Google search
will turn all of them up in a flash.

Patti
--
Patti Witten, Acoustic-Rock http://pattiwitten.com