Eat your hearts out, alpacas!  Ha!
At
http://www.jmdl.com/glossary/friendofspirit.cfm
Joni says of Chvgyam Trungpa Rinpoche in an interview,

He was the bad boy of Zen. I wrote a song about a visit I made to him called
"Refuge of the Road." I consider him one of my great teachers, even though I
saw him only three times. <edit> Chogyam Trungpa was the 11th Trungpa Tulku
(a reincarnated lama) and what is called a "crazy wisdom" teacher from Tibet
(recall that the term Crazy Wisdom is used in the song Strange Boy also on
Hejira).

Did Joni write any songs about reincarnated ALPACAS?!?  I DON'T FECKING
*THINK* SO!!

Vindicated again.  Ah.

Westbound, and rolling,
Lama