Kakki wrote:

> Richie Furay is a Christian minister here in SoCal now, but I've read that
he still performs music in his church and I think he has shown up to sit in
a few times with Poco in recent years. >

Minor correction, Kakki ... Richie is the pastor of the Calvary Chapel in
Boulder, CO, and has been for 20 years or so now. This link will take you to
Richie's self-penned story of how he came to be "born again," in which Al
Perkins - the pedal steel player for the Souther, Hillman & Furay Band (and
Stephen Stills' Manassas) - is a central figure. The story touches on
Richie's frustrations with Poco's lack of commercial success, and on his
one-time drive to be a "rock and roll star," which almost destroyed his
still-successful marriage.

http://calvarychapel.com/boulder/RICHIE.htm

Yes, Richie does still perform, and he sits in with Poco on occasion. His
voice and range are as strong as ever. Somehow, the man has managed to stop
the clock in that regard. There is still talk of a Buffalo Springfield
reunion with Neil Young and the reinvigorated Stephen Stills, and Richie is
definitely up for it. There have even been a few loose rehearsals over the
past couple of years.

As a longtime fan, I highly recommend Richie's 1998 album "In My Father's
House," which is like listening to a classic Poco album - albeit with
overtly Christian lyrics. Rusty Young contributes his unmistakable pedal
steel to the project. Also, Richie's three post-SHF Band solo albums for
Asylum Records ("I Have A Reason," "Dance A Little Light," and "I Still Have
Dreams") will all be issued for the first time on CD on January 21st. I'll
be there. :-)

Best,

(Boston) Jim