hi all.
just curious...
has anyone read FRAUD by David Rakoff?
I don't remember anyone mentioning it on list,
but i haven't been reading diligently. Like David
Sedaris (a friend of his) Rakoff is a
contributor to This American Life on NPR, and a
frequently published freelance writer. I think Fraud
is his first book.
In any case, he references/mentions Joni several times
throughout the book. He obviously admires her, quoting
lyrics here and there and talking about her openly.
I'll try to get the references to you, smurphy, so you
can list them in Joni in fiction. Even though it's not
fiction. It's funny as hell.
Another book i read recently, The Good People of New
York, also mentions Joni several times. good little
fiction book by an up and coming young female writer
named Thisby Nessen (sp?). trying to type those to you
as well, smurphy.
over and out.
alison e. in slc
np: all things considered.