> My absolute favourite moment from HOSL is the lead
> into "Harry's House/Centerpiece." It gives me chills
> each time I hear it.

I would wager a guess that it is perhaps Joni's favorite from that project as well...it's the only HOSL song she did on her '98 tour, not that that's any kind of real proof. Just that it's one she tends to keep in her 'arsenal'.

Battalions of paper minded males
Talking commodities and sales
While at home their paper wives
And paper kids
Paper the walls to keep their gut reactions hid

Yellow checkers for the kitchen

The way she uses the word "paper"...such a simple word, yet it means one thing to the husband/businessman,

I get chills just reading this..I really do. I love the way she sings this...one of her best renditions. Any covers that do it justice? I would think this one and like you said the other day.."Help Me" very difficult to sing. You know I sound so good when I sing Help Me..along with Joni..but then the stark reality sets in when I go it alone. ECKKKKKKKK! If it was not for Hejira...I think THOSL would be my very favorite. (pretty darn close)

Bree

Bob

NP: Dylan, "Million Miles"