In a message dated 1/17/2003 4:30:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Nevertheless, I couldn't fully understand her reasoning, and still don't,
> if her stance on the issue is the same.

Good points all, Scott...there are plenty of reasons why "Hits" & "Misses" is
a good idea. First, the aforementioned "Gateway" idea. They DO make a nice
introductory piece to newcomers about Joni's work, and will most likely
prompt a few 'oh, I didn't know ahe wrote THAT' sorta comments, and as such
are nice gifts from those of us who may want to be Jonivangelists, or at
least recommend. Giving someone a single release could be
misleading...imagine someone getting STAS, deciding they like Joni, and
picking up Mingus or DED next...they'd be pretty surprised!

Matter of fact, I haven't gotten around to picking up Hits or Misses myself.
No sense in it, except for UFG which I already have on another cd anyway.

Bob

NP: Steve Earle, "Conspiracy Theory"