Interesting Observer piece on the 31 songs that changed people's lives, although no Joni Mitchell among them which surprised me. My own favourites from this list are This Charming Man by The Smiths, and We People (who are Darker than Blue) by Curtis Mayfield.

Speaking of whom, someone on the list recently mentioned Remy Shand and how he sounds like Al Green and Smokey Robinson, which he does, but when I first heard him, I thought of the young Curtis Mayfield, maybe not quite as funky, but the voice is close.

Sarah

In a new collection of essays writer Nick Hornby reveals the 31 songs that have provided a soundtrack to his life. So we asked 31 music fans, including authors, musicians and artists what song is guaranteed to make their spine tingle

http://www.observer.co.uk/review/story/0,6903,877496,00.html