"pre-emptive strike".  Doesn't that sound nice?  "pre-emptive strike".  It
hardly sounds like we're preparing to bomb a sovereign nation when they put
it like that.  "pre-emptive strike".  I like that.  The military is so
colorful isn't it?  I wonder what the weather's going to be like in 8 weeks
when we'll be bombing them back to the Stone Age?  Again.

What's the deal anyway?  Is it true that we're threatening to bomb Iraq
because they took such good care of the mustard gas that the USA sold to
them when we put Hussein in power?  Where's the logic?  Our mustard gas is
protecting the free world but their mustard gas must be wrenched from
Hussein's hands and put...... into the hands of our *late*st choice of
puppets?

Lord, what have we wrought?  What would Jefferson think of us today?

Lama

Gerald Notaro who's preparing his S-VHS machine to tape Joni's PBS special
on April 2 said,

Time magazine's lead story this week reveals that 1 out of 3 Senior U.S.
Military officials question the U.S. making a pre-emptive strike against
Iraq.