> You know, this is a discussion that will go absolutely nowhere.
> People have their staunch opinions and in my experience no amount of
> log or otherwise will change the other side's viewpoint.
>
> Why don't we just let it go?

Arlene, I hope you've noticed that - especially considering the topic -
this discussion has so far been generally respectful and cordial.
Perhaps everyone's viewpoint is set in stone, perhaps not.  However, as
long as it does not erupt into a "flame war" and as long as we continue
to use the NJC tag, I don't see harm in continuing the discussion.

It's like any of a number of other threads, including the recent "just
war" discussion:  most folks' minds are already made up.  But you never
know ... *something* might spark *someone* to reconsider their
position, one way or the other.

Lori,
a personal believer in "coming out" because doing so puts a face on
what is otherwise just a faceless argument