As a few of us discussed off list today, the saddest part is in todays media
and with our ever decreasing personal freedom, what chance is there that
greatness or leadership such as Dr. King's, could ever be again.  Who could
gather the masses that he or a Ghandi did?  How would someone of
this stature be noticed and excepted?

I think this rather insightful and important. In our media- and
celebrity-crazed culture ("Land of snap decisions/Land of short attention
spans/Nothing is savored long enough to really understand") , how can a real
leader, someone who will inspire real change, possibly hold the public's
attention long or deeply enough to really make a difference?  It is
troubling.
Bryan