that is what my 7th grade English teacher told me.  She said that the
American spoken around Cleveland was the purest dialect of the language.  7th

grade English teachers do not lie.

Hmmmm??? I'll have to look up "dialect" to see exactly what it means, but I
believe this Cleveland reference refers to language usage (lack of odd local
colloquialisms) and not to accent. I remember quite clearly Clevelanders
having distinct accents. To the south, locals in Columbus and central Ohio
have their own oddities ("pushe" rather than "push"). Anyway, that's more
info than any of you needed I guess.