Thanks Steve, for the Zappa house link.  Oh how much fun to have been there
back in the day.  ;-)

I'm still in bliss from a long weekend of incredible live music with Paz and
the Dulson's.  We saw Roger McGuinn solo Friday night at NAMM and it started
a dreamy flashback that lasted through the Sunday night performance of
Crosby, Nash, Pevar and Raymond at the Troubadour.  McGuinn played all the
essentials - early and mid Byrds with a few Dylan covers, Irish folk songs
and even the Ballad of Easy Rider.  He was followed by Chris Hillman and
Herb Pederson who did some Manassas among their usual brilliant country-folk
songs.  I cannot believe these guys are ___ years old and still playing at
the top of their game.  It was phenomenal.  I picked up McGuinn's new
"Treasure from the Folk Den" CD and it is a classic - with appearances by
Judy Collins, Eliza Carthy, Pete Seeger, Odetta, Jean Ritchie and Joan Baez.

Saturday night we stopped in for the Dulson's Living Tradition series in
Anaheim featuring Kate Campbell and David Massengill.  Massengill is
storyteller and singer-songwriter, dulcimer player who was a protege of Dave
Von Ronk.  It was an absolutely first rate venue and evening.  Paz and I
later ended up somewhere on Sunset at a Japanese jazz club straight out of
the 1950s Twilight Zone where you can smoke and drink past closing time.
Paz opened up their grand piano and played Chinese Cafe and Song for Sharon
there around 3 a.m. and I think the patrons thought we had materialized from
a UFO ourselves. LOL

Sunday, Rick and Brad hosted us for Grande martinis before the Troubadour
show.  I didn't think the music could get any better but it did.  All the
ghosts and spirits of Laurel Canyon entered the room somehow that night and
it was THE most amazing, amazing show from them I have ever experienced.  It
was perfect, every second.  (For minor Joni content, they did banter a bit
about the old girlfriend at one point ;-)

All just too good and sweet.  Thanks so much to Steve and Paz for sharing
this all with me.  It was one of the most beautiful music weekends of my
life.

Kakki