A Sunday Times food critic got into trouble a few years ago for
calling all Welshmen "sheep shaggers" because there's nothing else to
do in Wales, apparently. It was the old story of them putting the
sheep's back legs into wellington boots to stabilize them. Perhaps
Mike can verify whether this happens, due to boredom, or whatever.  A
group of indignant Welshmen threatened to sue, so the food critic had
to issue a humble apology, which he did by repeating the slander at
very great length: "I am VERY SORRY FOR CALLING ALL WELSH MEN SHEEP
SHAGGERS; I should never have implied that Welsh men SHAG SHEEP ALL
DAY LONG", which only got him into more trouble.

And in defence of my adopted country, Canada has not only produced
Joni Mitchell and Leonard Cohen, but also: Alanis Morrisette, Neil
Young, Avril Lavine, Paul Anka, Gordon Lightfoot, Shania Twain, Bruce
Cockburn, Ian Tyson, Burton Cummings, Celine Dion, Sarah McLaughlin,
Anne Murray, Bare Naked Ladies, Donald Sutherland, Kiefer Sutherland,
Leslie Nielson, John Candy, Martin Short, Andrea Martin, Robert
Goulet, Raymond Burr, Dan Aykroyd, Glenn Ford, Michael J. Fox, Mike
Myres, Matthew Perry, Christopher Plummer, Jason Priestley, Keanu
Reeves, Jim Carey, Lauren Green the actor that played Ben Cartwright
in Bonanza, and the great William Shatner, the original Captain Kirk
of Star Trek.

I can recite these names like an incantation because Canadians are
forever talking about them. Watch television or listen to music here
and it's: "he's Canadian", "oh look, Canadian" and "hey, bet you
didn't know that she's Canadian, eh!" and so on.

Canada is 41 times bigger than the UK but has a smaller population,
which to me is incredible. Good in the sense that you can drive for
miles without seeing any towns, houses or cars.  Bad in the sense
that you can drive for miles without seeing any towns, houses . . .
;-)

Sarah