In a message dated 1/23/03 12:37:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Here's and article about a group that's trying to preserve a landmark in
> Bruce's old stomping grounds:

Rosie LOVES Tillie. Tillie's neon wink and six foot grin glowed for the last
time on November 27, 1988. Then without notice the Palace went dark and has
remained dark ever since, without so much as a dime's worth of upkeep.
Here is what The Palace Amusement use to look like
http://www.flynnwriting.homestead.com/palace_glory.html
I'm a supporter of this preservation campaign . I've sent several emails to
the Governor of the fine State of New Jersey to save Tillie!!!.
I'm temping for a very wealthy real estate land developer who I know could
get the funding to buy The Palace Amusements, but why bother, he'd only want
to tear her down and put up an apartment high-rise.

BTW, Smurfie, Bruce to play a Benefit concert in your neck of the
woods...........

BRUCE & PATTI TO PLAY BOSTON-AREA BENEFIT
As reported in the <A
HREF="http://www2.bostonherald.com/entertainment/music/hot101232003.htm";>Boston
Herald</A>, Bruce Springsteen and Patti Scialfa will be
playing an intimate benefit concert in Somerville, MA, on February 20. The <A
HREF="http://www.somervilletheatreonline.com/";>
Somerville Theatre</A> holds roughly 900 people, and tickets are expected to be
between $1000 and $5000, to benefit DoubleTake magazine. Springsteen was
interviewed by Will Percy in the Spring 1998 issue of DoubleTake; five years
later, the quarterly magazine has "temporarily suspended publication pending
further funding."
- January 23, 2003

I've got money for a bus ticket, but could anyone spare an extra 1,000.00??
=)

rosie in nj

Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard
The girls comb their hair in rearview mirrors
And the boys try to look so hard
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist
I wanna die with you Wendy on the streets tonight
In an everlasting kiss