Bob Muller wrote:
> but I
> wonder if it's (Blue Motel Room) slowly becoming a new "standard"? It
> certainly deserves to be!
>
> And is it the most deserving song of Joni's to become her next standard? In
>
> my opinion, these already are:
>
> Both Sides Now
> Big Yellow Taxi
> Woodstock
> Chelsea Morning

I think Joni has declared her opinion that A Case of You is the one. Note the
BSN CD. I agree with that choice.

I think the world has begun to acknowledge River, which keeps on popping up.

I think BMT has potential. It has it all, except the sugar pop accessability
that seems so in demand these days. In the old days, it might have been a
shoe in.

Universality seems to be another necessary characteristic. That might leave
Amelia out. I wish Hejira would get more attention, as well as Blue. They
both have that universality to them. Of course, The Circle Game has it, and I
would put it on my list before Chelsea Morning.

Bob Sart (Bob S hardly ever gets it done as an identifier anymore, any more
than Bob M)  :-)