I have just finished the same book and am now officially in love with Laura Nyro. I found her to be compelling and charming personality on and off the stage. I think the thing most astounding about her was how true she was to her own desires and talent and that she never strayed from that.
I love "Save the COuntry" and yes I too, am scared as well.
Blair

Our local news tonight reported on Connecticut troops being sent to Iraq.
As the tension rises, I can only say that I am truly worried and angry.
I usually do not do this but I just finished Laura Nyro's biography 'Soul
Picnic' and I felt compelled to quote one of Laura's poignant songs: