> We have a wonderful Holocaust Museum here in St. Petersburg. One of the
> recurring themes of the survivors is that they prayed for the Americans to
> rescue them before the Russians. Your father is living proof of that hope.
> Laurent, I hope you father's experiences are preserved somewhere for
posterity.
> Thank you for sharing it with us.
>
> Jerry

Gee I was in St Pete a few years ago, saw the great Dali museum in Tampa.
What you say is true.  However in this case the tankist just busted the door
open and left.
So the inmates gathered their last strength and went on the road in search
for food.
Many died of overeating since their body had to slowly readjust to eating
food.
Yes my father was taped for the Simon Wiesenthal center a few years ago.
So the videos are there for posterity.
6 months later, he was still in a hospital eating omelettes made with 24
eggs, 3 times a day, and always hungry.

Laurent