I watched TWO WEEKS NOTICE last night starring Sandra Bullock and Hugh
Grant. Bullock plays an attorney who is into alternative lawyering and she
is espousing causes that run counter to the big development plans of
millionaire Hugh Grant. In one scene, Counting Crows' "Big Yellow Taxi"
was played after the scene established that Bullock is into the
preservation of historic and culturally significant buildings/places.

The song played well to the jaunty and bouncy nature of the film. By the
way, the film has great dialogues and some very natural acting from
Bullock and Grant (who plays shallow cads to perfection), but overall, the
director does not seem to know how to end the story. Its like an extended
sitcom.

Joseph in Manila