Laurent wrote:

> Several people have mentioned it's the best list on the web, and also
spoke about the Lee Shore (CSN) list.
> I  have been reading that one for just a couple of days, not enough to get
a definite opinion.
> So far it seems that the Lee Shore is very focused, which is OK if that's
> what one wishes, but perhaps too much to my own taste.  The "flavor" just
isn't the same
> (variety is the spice of life, isn't it?).

The Lee Shore is more focused around the music of CSN & sometimes Y and
their affiliated musicians and friends like Joni, the Byrds, Poco, etc.  The
listmembers and listowners there have had their debates on other content and
made the decision to stay pretty strictly on topic.  It is a very different
list from the JMDL and so is its flavor.  To me it is like a supplemental
source of information on Joni and those particular artists but not a
replacement for the JMDL.  You will find less range of opinion and
intellectual discourse there.  On the upside, Crosby, Pevar, sometimes Nash,
their engineers and producers over the years and many other of the
principals post to that list and when they do, the first hand accounts are
really fascinating.  It would be as if Joni, Joel Bernstein, Mr. Kratzman,
Larry Klein, Sharon and Betsy posted to the JMDL occasionally with stories
from the old days.

Kakki