In a message dated 1/30/2003 6:37:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:
> Strange story in this week's Spectator about gay men who deliberately
> "convert"

This article reminds me of an article in a recent Rolling Stone about "Bug
Chasers."  Now, Rolling Stone is under great scrutiny about this, because
apparently the investigators fudged or made up many of the facts they
printed, including saying things like 25% of the men who seroconvert (change
from negative to positive) were actively trying to become exposed to HIV.
Sources quoted in the article have come out publicly saying that they were
either misquoted or did not provide the statistics attributed to them in this
piece of rubbish.
Joni is right about Rolling Stone.  It's a big sh*t rag.
Ken
P/S    As a Joni-only, am I allowed to post NJC stuff?