Wally wrote

> what do you call a cortado in spain and in cataluna? a cortado here is an
> expresso ''pocillo'' (the small, small cup) with a some milk.

Here in Madrid, Wally, a "cortado" is a small strong black coffee in a wee
cup with a dash of milk. A "solo" is the same without the milk, and an
"Americano" is a large weaker coffee (they just put extra hot water in it)
with no milk. The good old cafi con leche is about twice the size of the
Cortado coffee with a lot more milk in it. In madrid they usually ask you is
you want you cafi con leche in a glass or a cup. I never knew why. Maybe
it's about time I asked.

all the best,

gill (in Madrid)