Okay I'll play too!

Well normally I list all my girls - my posse!  (45 year old fat old white woman and
she's got a
posse).  Hell look at Vince and his gang of thugs  ... JK Vince! ;-D

Anyway I thought I would try to include a more encompassing group so here they are:

Joni Mitchell
The Beatles (especially the Lennon stuff - LAMA!)
Phoebe Snow (my sister ;-P)
Rickie Lee Jones
CSN & Y
The Doors
Joan Armatrading
The Moody Blues
James Taylor
Dinah Washington
Van Morrison (had to do it Fred)
Patti Smith (not that smythe girl)

Okay shoot me there are 12!  I hate rules ... so here's some more ...

With Patsy Cline & Shawn Colvin as very honorable mentions.  Others I love Bonnie
Raitt, Diane
Schuur, Billie Holiday, Janis, Nina Simone Anne Lennox ....

And the one that I guess I am NOT taking to my grave .... Mel Torme!  The velvet frog
baby!  The
best scatting I ever heard was Mel and Ella, who should also be up there on my list,
in a duet, it
was the epitome of COOOL!

BY the way Jenny - being from Chicago I got to hear plenty of STYX - If I ever hear
"Lady" again
... I am gonna put on the fatigues and start  shooting!  LOL!

Fred I loved your poem, it really hit home for me on a personal level.  And it is so
fitting for
it's original intent and for today's as well.  Welcome Home Fred!

Peace,
Susan

NP: STYX - NOT!  Diane Schuur/For Your Love
http://mailplus.yahoo.com