Dear and very erudite and empassioned sisters of the Order of the
Interminable Religious Intractability.

I have watched you both defend your view points admirably and with enormous
candour and you both in your own ways manage to make very pertinent
points........... which you can back up with each of your own researched, or
not, feelings and gleaned facts and figures. You both mention things that
show how committed you are to your particular camp.. and for that immense
passion, that determined position to have the last say I commend you. I have
to say I am not going to enter into any of it as there seems to be no
healing possible in religious conflicts.

Who am I to commend you? I am no one. I have no religious faith that can be
determined by any rule book or document of social control but the christian
faith would claim I live by the 10 commandments. (thank whoever that THOU
SHALT NOT SMOKE is not one of them) .It is possible that I also live by an
enormous number of Islamic laws (smoking excepted) as well.. Maybe some
bhuddist ones some hindu ones.. who the hell knows and more to the point who
the hell really cares......I know you both do, but the caring is ultimately
about making your point stick on the other and that will not happen ever...

I think it is possible to find that there is good in both of you as either
committed catholic or atheist (lower case for both not intended to cause
offence but to accord them their  equal status in my eyes). Causes, that we
take to our hearts, causes that we would die for, are named "causes" because
ultimately they CAUSE SOMETHING to happen in our lives. They may bring
light, or darkness depending on whether your are the cause or the one
affected by it... A cause for the good can still kill the good depending on
which sideof the line you stand...

I think the deciding question to determine the similarities that brought you
both together (at least for me) is.....

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE ACRONYM SIQUOMB?

Peace and love to you both...

Lucy