Oh, yeah.  I completely forgot to mention that Phillip Glass has found his
niche: writing incidental film music.  His stuff works perfectly in "The
Hours".  I've always felt that I get every bit of "juice" from his tunes the
first time I hear them and that's exactly what you want in film music.  The
repetitious nature works in the film because all of the characters are
spinning depression round-and-round.  Having it is being caught, fretting,
about something and the fevered repetition goes beyond being complimentary-
it is an integral part.

Lama

P.S.  I knew it was Glass even as the opening credits rolled over the
opening sequence:
"
Doo-da-doo-da
Doo-da-doo-da