kasey simpson wrote:

Rhetorical question: can journalism be completely
objective?

Catherine
Toronto

I've been meaning to answer this for some time. My gut reaction
is no.
I agree.

Unless the person in question hasn't formed an opinon on
the subject they are covering.

even then, no.

we ALL come to any subject, subjectively because w ebase everything on our own experience, our meaning structures. @objectiveity' is not possible. We cannot step outside of ourselves nor the meaning structures we have created. This is the why people suffer 'breakdowns'-becausw hatever has hapopened is outside of their 'world', they cannot assimilate it. Recovery means to build a different set of meaning structures. You can see then that changing one's meanign structures is not going to jumped at as a wanted thing to do!

 I think that's why the reader has
to read all views to come to the best (not right or wrong) informed
opinon they can.
KaseyGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com