In a message dated 2/8/2003 1:25:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Books about or by Joni - are any outstanding "Must Haves ??"

I don't know about "must haves", Fred, but as a Joni fan I love to devour all
I can read about her. Shadows & Light by Karen O'Brien is a good and
informative read. Stacey Luftig's "Joni Mitchell Companion" is also a nice
synopsis of various writings, ordered to give you a good overview of her
career.
And don't forget the JMDL's own library with hundreds of articles!
Joni hasn't written her autobigraphy yet - at least; it hasn't been
published.

> Is there a book of her lyrics, with the stories behind her songs ??

There is a book that contains her lyrics...of course, they're available on
the JMDL as well. As for the STORIES behind the songs...well, Joni's left it
to US to figure that one out! :~)

> Are there books about her paintings??

There was a book published to coincide with her exhibit at The Mendel Gallery
in Saskatoon called "Voices - The Work of Joni Mitchell".
And she had 40 or so pages devoted to her in the book "Starart" featuring
some of her art and a good bit of print as well.

Bob

NP:Joni, "Both Sides Now" White Swan 9/67