--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> And here's another thought about E-bay, bootlegs,
> etc. Isn't it really WORSE
> in theory if someone sells one of Joni's current
> in-print CD's on E-bay as
> opposed to a bootleg, or a CDR of a live show? Think
> about it - Joni gets no
> revenues whatsoever from the bootlegs, regardless of
> how they're exchanged;
> sale, blanks/postage, whatever. But if I buy a
> factory cd from E-bay, she
> gets no royalties whereas she would have had I
> purchased it in a store or
> online or some such.

Why would anyone want to buy one this way? Because
they might get it a bit cheaper than buying it in a
store? But then when you add postage and so on, isn't
it going to be about what you'd pay if you just went
and bought one at a store? It seems a bit
labour-intensive and a convoluted way of doing things,
but then, human nature is just a teensy bit screwy
sometimes, innit?

=====
Catherine
Toronto