I love Virginia Woolfe's image of clouds like time passing over everything.
She would have loved those speeded up films of clouds racing over the
landscape. The Waves is a whole book of this kind of writing. It worked
wonderfully for me with some sensuous Debussy music and good wine.I can't
wait to see The Hours when it opens over here in a week or two.

I went to see Punch Drunk Love, the new film by the wunderkind who directed
Boogie Nights and Magnolia. It's not as epic as those but an offbeat little
love story to get St Valentines week started. Today, a friend read out the top
chat up lines from some poll or other. I liked this one "Did it hurt ?
...when you fell from heaven." They should teach this kind of thing in
schools. Looking for love is the most important thing we do, yet there's no
training.

Wishing everyone roses and kisses and pretty lies this week.

Tara