As Bob put it, there  is a big difference between saying that most child
abusers have been abused and most abused children become abusers.
As Lucy pointed out, in one case it's 89% and in the other it's 14%.
So thanks to JMDL, a gross misconception which I innocently relayed has been
cleared one more time.
That's what I love about this list.

Colin: I appreciate your correcting Lucy about my saying the opposite of Bob
and yourself.
So I'll return the favor of "giving back to Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar":

> >Still, to condemn it as as severe a crime as pedophilia is exaggerated
IMO.

> No one did that.

I just love your "qui, moi?" attitude.
Dear Colin, when writing an "I condemn" list in which you mention pedophilia
in one clause and circumcision in another clause, I think it's reasonable
for an average reader to assume that all the clauses mentioned have equal
weight, unless mentioned otherwise.

Now could we please drop it (not our trousers).

Laurent