--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > I am putting
together a sampling of all my Joni CDs
> for a friend who is not
> familiar with her music (ha! when she hears so many
> familiar songs, she'll
> say "Oh yeah! I didn't know Joni did that song!").
> What a trip it has been,
> and how I imagine my friend running to the music
> store to purchase her first
> Joni CDs after realizing what she's been missing all
> these years.
>
>  First, I limited myself to only three songs off
> each CD. That was damn near
> impossible, because I love more than three songs on
> each, that's for sure.

I did this for my nephew in the summer. He knew I was
a Joni fan (really?) and he said he was interested in
getting some of her stuff, but didn't know what to
start with. I ended up making him a sampler that
included two songs from each album, and what a tough
choice that was! Do I remember which songs I picked?
Hell no!

But he did tell me how much he loved it and best of
all, he was totally not expecting it, which is, imo,
the best kind of gift - the one you're absolutely not
expecting.

=====
Catherine
Toronto