I think initially there is a bit of an intellectual affect, - well we're smart enough
to like Joni
- right?  But it's mostly emotional for me early on.  I can still remember putting
Blue on for the
very first time and standing in front of and over the "Hi-Fi" and swooning and feeling
goosebumps.
 And yes sufferring from teen angst, I was often depressed and listened to her even
more,
wondering if that was a good idea sometimes!?  But I felt like I had found my mentor.
I think
someone here once said it was depressing but that was what saved them/me and soothed
us, as well.
It was like being petted.  Then once I had an understanding of Joni, and felt really
into her, it
did move to being a spiritual experience and finally to a deeper understanding and
higher
intellect, which of course we all share here. I listen to Joni - to sing with her, I
listen still
for my mood, and I listen still to hear something new or connect with a different part
of her
canvas.

That's the transition and how it played and still plays out for me.

--- Relayer wrote:
I've been wondering about why people listen to Joni,specifically how does Joni's music
affect you
on an intellectual,emotional,physical,and spiritual level?

Peace,
Susan
http://shopping.yahoo.com